Wednesday 12 February 2014

Using Ableton Live For the First Time

Today I installed a trial version of Ableton Live to practice loading and triggering samples. This will be how my installation reacts when a key is pressed. I also looked into using a QWERTY-MIDI converter so that the interface can be a QWERTY keyboard. 


However, after experimenting and using forums from the Ableton site, I discovered away of mapping a trigger and assigning it with a letter key. This was a major revelation as it means I can eliminate a whole piece of software from the chain,

I am quite happy with my progress as I have never used the software before. It will be both a process of discovering new elements that I need, like mapping the input MIDI data to a video file, and also shaping my project around the capabilities of the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment