Friday 13 December 2013

Further iPad Layout

After getting the previous two slides to a place where I was happy with them, I continued to develop the Portfolio page, meet the team page and contact us page.

Firstly, I decided to create the Portfolio or What We Do page, here I selected the companies most successful videos to date to make sure I was showcasing the companies best work. I continued the circular theme by adding circular text boxes and circular scrollable frames that allow the viewer to read a short description of the video that they are related to. I spent some time resizing and reshaping the circles - I found it tricky to get an appropriate amount of padding between the elements. I'd say this page took the most experimentation until I had a full content rich page. Upon discussion with my tutor, I created a tab-style banner button that re-directs the viewer to Malmo House's online portfolio where they can see even more examples of the companies work. Using the hyperlink folio overlay, I chose to enable this, and the banners to follow to open on the device's browser rather than in folio. I chose this option because the connection time was a lot quicker using the browser and folio didn't process the companies website as successfully as the browser did. I am aware, however that navigating away from the magazine isn't always desirable and can result in loss of audience so I made sure that the publication asked permission before leaving to open the device browser.


The next page I created was the Meet the Team page. This was an important addition as it offers context to the audience about the two people behind the company. I wrote a brief biography about the pairs interest in media, their education and experience, and how they came to found Malmo House. I appreciated that there was quite a lot of text on screen so I formatted it into two neat columns, and centered the text because I felt this created better balance within the page's overall design.  To break up the text and add a little bit of professionalism I created two picture galleries, again within the familiar circular shape. The content of the slideshows consist of images of the two founders as well as screen shots and photography projects the company has produced. After creating the galleries I noticed that it wasn't immediately obvious that the viewer can slide between the images. To remedy this I designed two iOS7 inspired arrows that hopefully inform the viewer that they can access more content by interacting with the galleries. This page is also the first display of the social icons i had created to match the publication's theme. I chose to include personal networking hyperlinks as the publication will serve as a CV as well as a portfolio so it was important that the viewer can connect with and access more information from the team.

The final page that I designed was the Contact Us page. As I mentioned before it is important to give the viewer the option to connect with the company as much as possible, for this I created the social icons within the companies circular style. I did this by finding vector graphics of the social icons in the form of the font Socialico, and placed them within a circle in the same dark grey as the companies logo. I also added the same tab I previously added to the portfolio and hyperlinked it to the websites contact us page. On this page I have created a html form where the viewer can email the company all contained within the website. I thought including this to the digital publication was a good idea as it also gave the viewer the chance to contact the company through email, if that was there preferred contact method. Finally I created another tab which hyperlinks to the URL of this blog, so that they can learn how it was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment