Thursday 30 January 2014

Intertextual Research - Bill Hicks

During my initial research and mind mapping for the Drone presentation, I remembered a performance by Bill Hicks, the american comedian about how he envisioned a positive use for militarised drones, feeding the hungry as he described - "Firing a banana into the mouth of a hungry Ethiopian." Whilst humorous, this quip raised a major question to me "What if the militarised drones defected to 'good?'" 

Intertextual references are key in my project, especially if I chose to do an installation. I shall have to recreate these references that subconsciously connect to the audience through semiotics. Creating, remembering and developing audience's memories and individual caches of media products. This will be key to my study and shapes it towards the idea of the gap between technology for good and evil.

Bill Hicks Relentless

No comments:

Post a Comment