Thursday 30 January 2014

MadMapper - Quartz Controller - MIDI


The best way I could think of displaying the information i have researched is through the medium of installation. Having worked on Trope's installation Conversio at Frequency 2013, I was inspired to use projection mapping and linked visual and audio experiences to create subtle conceptual messages. I knew i needed to look more into the technical details of how projection mapping is made, controlled and triggered. I expanded upon my previous experience and looked into this method.
Click For Demonstration


When looking at projection mapping I knew, from previous experience, that one of the most intuitive ways was to use a piece of video mapping software. I have used MadMapper previously as it is a cheaper, simpler and less cluttered version of the professional Modul8 suite. Since I had settled on using this software I needed to think about triggering. If i make an installation one of the more attractive elements of this medium is the possibility of interactivity. One of the best methods of transposing interactivity is using MIDI data. MIDI is open source and easy to adapt into many situations allowing for audio and visuals to be triggered at the same time. Here is a tutorial I found that displays how MadMapper can be used in conjunction with MIDI through Ableton Live Software and the Quartz Control developer tool.



No comments:

Post a Comment